With travel abroad still off the cards at the moment, many people will be planning their getaways for 2022.
When it comes to bank holidays, we’re in luck in 2022, as the UK is being treated to an extra day off too.
Usually, the whole of the UK enjoys at least eight bank holidays a year, but in 2022, we will have nine.
So if you’re hoping to book your 2022 trip around the bank holidays, keep on reading.
Bank holidays 2022: Full list of dates
The bank holiday dates for 2022 are:
- Monday 3 January – New Year’s Day (substitute day)
- Tuesday 4 January – (Scotland only)
- Thursday 17 March – St Patrick’s Day (Northern Ireland only)
- Friday 15 April – Good Friday
- Monday 18 April – Easter Monday
- Monday 2 May – Early May bank holiday
- Thursday 2 June – Spring bank holiday
- Friday 3 June – Platinum Jubilee bank holiday
- Tuesday 12 July – Battle of the Boyne (Northern Ireland only)
- Monday 1 August – Summer bank holiday (Scotland only)
- Monday 29 August – Summer bank holiday (England and Wales only)
- Wednesday 30 November -(Scotland only)
- Monday 26 December – Boxing Day
- Tuesday 27 December – Christmas Day (substitute day)
The extra bank holiday in 2022 is in honour of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden announced plans for a series of events to be held from Thursday, June 2 to Sunday, June 5, 2022, which he said will reflect the monarch’s reign and her impact on the world since she came to the throne in 1952.
The Queen will reach the landmark on February 6, 2022, when she will become the first British monarch to have been on the throne for seven decades.
Follow Metro across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Share your views in the comments below.
Go to Source
Author: Rachael Martin