People really could do with a reason to celebrate after a difficult year filled with separation and social distancing – and Holi, the Hindu festival of colours, is just that.
Sometimes called the festival of love, Hindu event Holi usually involves people getting together to rid all ill will and celebrate life free of castes with a big day-long festival involving immersing yourself in colourful paints, dancing, gift-giving and more.
This year, Holi starts on Sunday, March 28 and lasts well into Monday, March 29.
With coronavirus still affecting big events, Holi won’t look the same this year, so sending a message to loved ones commemorating the day has never been more important.
So, Metro.co.uk has compiled a list of quotes, poems, and Instagram captions that celebrate the festival – and a secret Google hack to help you enjoy Holi at homne.
Holi messages and greetings
‘Wishing you a colourful day a colourful life.’
‘Celebrate life in all its colours and shades today. Happy Holi!’
‘Reach out to others with the colours of joy and spread happiness wherever you go this Holi.’
‘May this festival of colours fill colours in your life. To every shade of you, I wish happy and colourful Holi!’
‘May the spirit of Holi bring you joy,
The gladness of Holi give you Hope,
The warmth of Holi grant you cheer.’
Instagram captions for the perfect Holi photos
- Happy Holi-days!
- Colours speak all languages
- There’s a reason we don’t see the world in black and white
- Holi is also a perfect time to use a quote from one of your fave celebrities about standing out and embracing the colourful side of life.
- Colour is to the soul what food is to the body.
- ‘Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.’ – Maya Angelou
- A striking colour is just another way of saying I am here!
- ‘Don’t be afraid to use all the colours in the crayon box’ – RuPaul
- ‘The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain’ – Dolly Parton
- ‘If you could see what I see, you’d be blinded by the colours,
Yellow, red, and orange, and green, and at least a million others… There’s always been a rainbow hanging over your head’ – Kacey Musgraves
- ‘Some day we’ll find it, the rainbow connection. The lovers, the dreamers, and me.’ – Kermit the Frog
How to celebrate Holi with Google
So, it’s not quite the same as turning yourself into a human rainbow, but Google have a nifty little feature that will let you have some fun on your homepage.
- Google ‘Holi.’
- When the results have loaded, select the three colourful triangles in the Knowledge Panel (the right-hand box featuring select information).
- After you’ve clicked this, start clicking around. You’ll be able to throw paint balls of different colours all across your homepage.
- If you want to wash away the paint and start again, click the water drop icon and the screen will clean itself and revert back to normal.
Follow Metro across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Share your views in the comments below.
Go to Source
Author: Jack Slater