SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – Get ready Bay Area, wet weather is on the way.
According to the National Weather Service, an atmospheric river event is heading to the Bay Area this week causing flood concerns near recent burn areas.
Rain is expected to arrive as early as Tuesday afternoon and heavy rain is expected later that night.
A Flash Flood Watch has been issued for the East Bay Hills, North Bay, San Mateo County coast, and the Santa Cruz Mountains.
This watch goes into effect on Tuesday afternoon to Thursday afternoon.
The NWS says the ‘heavy rainfall may lead to debris flows and flash flooding.’
A Flood Watch has been issued as flooding is possible at this time, and residents should be prepared just in case.
In addition to the flood watch, the NWS issued a High Wind Watch, which has since been upgraded to warnings and advisories.
From Tuesday evening to Wednesday afternoon, high winds are expected with gusts between 50 to 70 miles per hour.
The High Wind Warning will be in effect for:
- North Bay Coast, SF Peninsula and Coast, Sant Cruz Mountains, North Monterey Bay
The Wind Advisory will be in effect for:
- North and East Bay Hills and Valleys, San Francisco Shoreline, Santa Clara Valley
Be aware as strong winds can blow down limbs, trees, and power lines, in addition to scattered power outages.
These weather conditions make it difficult for drivers, so take precautions and make sure to drive with headlights and windshield wipers on.
The California Highway Patrol is advising drivers to check tire air pressure, tired tread depth, windshield wipers and all lights ahead of the storm.
Where to get sandbags in the Bay Area
Alameda (Click link for more information)
- Maintenance & Operations, 951 Turner Court, Hayward — Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Public Works Agency, 4825 Gleason Drive, Dublin — Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- City Corporation Yard, 1326 Alston Way, Berkeley — Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- All fire stations: Call station to verify availability (Click Here for a list of fire stations contact information)
- City of Fremont Maintenance Center, 42551 Osgood Road — Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Maintenance Services Center, 24505 Soto Road, Hayward — Prefilled sandbags available 24/7
- City of Livermore Service Center, 3500 Robertson Park Road — Call (925) 960-8020 for additional information
- Neward Service Center, 37440 Filbert Street — Monday to Thursday, every other Friday 8 a.m. to noon
- Municipal Service Center, 7101 Edgewater Drive — 24/7, sandbags in front of the entry gate
- Corporation Yard, 898 Red Rock Road, Piedmont — Prefilled sandbags available 24/7
- Operations Service Center, 3333 Busch Road, Pleasanton — Prefilled sandbags available 24/7
Contra Costa (Click link for a map of locations)
- Ambrose, 3105 Willow Pass Road, Bay Point
- Byron Airport, 500 Eagle Court, Byron
- County Public Works, 2475 Waterbird Way, Martinez
- Howe Homestead, 2950 Walnut Blvd., Walnut Creek
- Knightsen Farm Bureau Building, 3020 Second Street, Knightsen
- West County Detention Facility, 5555 Giant Highway, Richmond
Marin (Click link for phone numbers and more information)
- Community Road near City Hall
- Intersection of Lagoon and Maybridge Roads
- 73 West Shore Road
- Bolinas Fire Department, 100 Mesa Road
- College of Marin, Lot 15 on Kent Ave.
- Corte Madera
- Fire Station #14 on Tamalpais Drive
- Parking lot at San Clemente Park, Paradise Drive
- County Fire
- Marin City – 850 Drake Ave.
- Point Reyes Station – 4th and B Streets
- Woodacre – 33 Castlerock Ave.
- Tomales – 599 Dillon Beach Road
- Fairfax, baseball field parking lot on Elsie Street between Pavillion and the ball field
- Larkspur, Piper Park, 250 Doherty Drive
- Mill Valley
- Fire Station 7 at 1 Hamilton Drive
- Firestation 6 at 26 Corte Madera Ave.
- Boyle Park at Thalia Street
- Molino and Cascade Drive
- Marinwood, Fire Station 58 – CST Shed
- Cain Lane between Sherman Ave. and Machin Ave.
- All fire stations
- Ross, entrance to Natalie Coffin Green Park at the end of Lagunitas Road
- San Anselmo, just beyond Redhill Shopping Center on Sir Francis Drake next to Isabelle Cook School tennis courts off Sunnyhills
- San Rafael
- Fire Station 1, 1039 C Street
- Fire Station 2, 210 Third Street
- Fire Station 4, 46 Castro Ave.
- Fire Station 5, 955 Pt. San Pedro Road
- Fire Station 6, 650 Del Ganado Road
- Fire Station 7, 3530 Civic Center Drive
- Sausalito Corporation Yard at 530 Nevada Street
- Southern Marin Fire, Stations 9, 4, and 2
- Stinson Beach Fire Station 2, 100 Calle Del Arroyo
- Throckmorton, Intersection of Marin Ave and Tennessee Valley Roads in Mill Valley
- Napa (Click link for more information): City Corporation Yard, 770 Jackson Street, Napa, CA 94559
- San Francisco (Click link for more information): SF Public Works, 49 South Van Ness Ave. — Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Public Works will provide residents up to 10 free sandbags.
San Mateo (Click link for more information)
- Grant Corporation Yard, 752 Chestnut Road, Redwood City
- Princeton Corporation Yard, 203 Cornell Avenue, Half Moon Bay
- Pescadero High School, 350 Butano Cutoff Road, Pescadero
- La Honda Corporation Yard, 59 Entrada Way, La Honda
Santa Clara (Click link for more information)
- Palo Alto, 1925 Embarcadero Road, adjacent to Palo Alto Air Terminal
- Alviso, behind George Mayne Elementary School, 5030 N. 1st Street
- San Jose, City Central Service Yard, 1661 Senter Road at Phelan Avenue
- San Jose, Santa Clara Valley Water District Winfield Warehous, Winfield Boulevard between Blossom Hill Road and Coleman Avenue
- Morgan Hill, El Toro Fire Station, 18300 Old Monterey Road
Solano (Click link for more information)
- Corporation Yard, 2400 East Second Street
- East E Street parking lot
- Dixon: Sandbags at 205 Ford Way and sand is at Old Ace Hardware on N. Jackson and West A Street
- Fairfield Public Works Corporation Yard, 420 Gregory Street
- Vacaville, Irene Larson Park, 1800 Alamo Drive
- Vallejo, west end of street at Vallejo Flood and Wastewater District, 450 Ryder Street
- Suisun City, 701 Civic Center Boulevard
- Rio Vista, 1 Main Street
- Cordelia Fire District, corner of Rockville Road and Suisun Valley Road
- Montezuma Fire District, Jericho Dredging at 1285 Collinsville Road
- Suisun Fire District, 4965 Clayton Road
Sonoma (Click link for more information)
- Santa Rosa, City Municipal Services Center North at 55 Stony Point Road, 24/7