SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) To start 2021, wet weather will soak the Bay Area.
Rain and showers build late overnight Sunday into dawn Monday.
Winds will come in by mid-morning. By late on Monday, rain will wane and we’ll have a break until midweek.
Wednesday sees another hit of rain, although not the intensity of Monday’s show.
Another weak procession to finish the week. There is more rain possible over the following weekend.
However, long range models are hinting at a nudge upward of the storm track, which may take us out of the heart of the main focus of systems.
Additionally, The NWS issued a High Surf Advisory from 7 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Sunday.
Officials are urging drivers to use caution in rainy conditions. San Mateo County firefighters responded to a single car spin around noon on Saturday.
Earthquakes have also rattled parts of the Bay Area.
One in the San Francisco Bay Area on New Years’Eve, which appeared along the San Andreas fault.
And another quake rattled Monterey County Saturday morning.
No Tsunami is expected.
- New, more contagious coronavirus strain detected in Big Bear area
- New governor sworn in as a wary Puerto Rico demands changes
- FBI: Nashville bomber sent material to ‘acquaintances’
- The Latest: Ariz. gov. rejects call for online learning
- Police respond to reports of gunshots at Fresno mall