SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – California’s limited curfew goes into effect tonight for all counties in the purple tier — which is most of them.
Gov. Gavin Newsom announced the curfew that will go into effect from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. every night.
Many people tell KRON4’s Reyna Harvey that they are trying to get things done like shopping before it starts.
Here is what you need to know:
- All non-essential activities banned 10 p.m. – 5 a.m. daily
- Takeout allowed after 10 p.m.
- Going for a walk, routine activities allowed
- Essential businesses will be allowed to remain open
- Order to expire at 5 a.m. on December 21st
The curfew covers 94% of the state’s nearly 40 million residents.
At this time, it looks like they plan to enforce this similar to how they enforced the first order with warnings and fines.
Officials say they feel this is what needs to be done to curb the rapid rise in cases.
- Analysis: With silence, GOP enables Trump’s risky endgame
- Suspect in stolen car crashes into South SF cemetery after police chase
- Trump requests another recount of votes in Georgia
- FDA allows emergency use of antibody drug Trump received
- Crews respond to structure fire in Berkeley